Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chino Amobi - Ambiposiosis Interview

1. What does art mean to you?


to me, art is awareness. and when one is aware one is empowered.
art is a gift, and a voice for the voiceless.


2. Does art have spiritual resonance in today's society at large?


I believe that it does and i believe that it always has. that is the power of symbols. To speak specifically of our contemporary world, I think that one can hear and see the spiritual resonance in the music and art that is being made by innumerable people across the globe. a great deal of this art is being uploaded to the internet where it can be virtually and psychically exchanged. We are finally accepting that no one owns information. I definitely think that society at large is waking up to the undeniable.


3. What is the most rewarding aspect of your creativity?


I love when my work directs me towards like minded people who I can collaborate with and forge a community,
both online and in the physical. I also love it when someone tells me that my work gives them hope.


4. Do we lack cohesiveness as artistic entities whilst creating outside of any said "ism"?


You know a couple years back, I used to think that, especially within the context of post-modern dissolution. However, now I feel that this absence of an ism is strengthening our understanding of ourselves and others by decreasing our xenophobia as artists. In other words, the lack of isms and limits have expanded our source bank, thus, empowering our communal palette at large.


5. People are collaborating without ever actually meeting each other, are we spawning a neo-renaissance in art?


Yes. It is an exciting and unprecedented time to be making art. it the enlightened words of ghetto caviar
THE TIME IS NOW


6. Class is insignificant when creative spirit is involved, is the artist beyond the class divide?


definitely. creative genius does not discriminate. James Hampton was a prolific black janitor who built religious art from scavenged materials. James Hampton The Throne of the Third Heaven of the Nations’ Millennium General Assembly ca. 1950-1964


7. What is most important to you?


the will of God
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment